[Moin-user] Calendar.py

Nigel Metheringham Nigel.Metheringham at dev.intechnology.co.uk
Mon Nov 1 02:18:20 EST 2004

On Sat, 2004-10-30 at 12:02 +0100, Trog wrote:
> Is anyone out there using this ?
> http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de/MoinMoinCalendarExample?highlight=%28calendar%29
> I'm clearly doing something wrong, because when I enter the supplied
> example, the wiki displays the data that I entered, rather than the
> formatted calendar.  I have put Calendar.py in every processor or macro
> sub directory on our wiki, but it clearly isn't being called.  Is there
> some other magic required?

The Calendar.py file needs to be in a processor directory - either in
the main moin installation or in a per-wiki installation (the latter is
easier to experiment with because you don't then have issues with
permissions when python tries to compile it into a .pyc file).

For example if the base directory for your wiki is
  /var/www/moin/mywiki/
then put the Calendar.py file into
  /var/www/moin/mywiki/data/plugins/processor/

[permissions need to be such that its readable]

The *main* reason why these things do not get called is that people get
the header wrong - normally by adding a space...
This calendar fragment works for me... (however I am using the version
you'll find on my moin homepage -
http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de/NigelMetheringham
which outputs in a form which allows embedded wiki markup, but probably
looks less visually impressive in the normal case).
{{{
#!Calendar
OPTION:bodyBGColor=#DDDDDD
OPTION:captionBGColor=#CCCCFF
OPTION:firstWeekDay=6
20040707: Calendar 1.0 released
20040701: First of the month
20040731: End of the month
20040730: Link to FrontPage
}}}

I've sort of lost interest in this to some extent as I moved my calendar
requirements outside the wiki - and instead use an ical based calendar
with php icalendar to display it.  Thats frankly very clunky and if I
could get something that would handle ical type syntax (ie I can use a
proper client to update it) but have wiki internal display that would be
good.

	Nigel.