[Moin-user] sharing accounts between two wikis

msoulier at digitaltorque.ca msoulier at digitaltorque.ca
Mon Nov 1 10:01:47 EST 2004

Quoting Jordan Johnson <jorjohns at cs.indiana.edu>:

> Is it possible to have the default ACLs for one set of pages be
> different from those of another?  Something like a template?  Thing is,

Something exactly like a template. :) The default acls are, to my knowledge,
site-wide in moin_config.py. The defaults for a given page can be controlled by
a template, so your users should stick to a given template for new page
creation. At the moment, I think that's the best that moin can do without
patching.

> Thing).  Also, I don't want to have to manually set the ACL for any new
> page a teacher creates, and I don't want a privacy-crucial ACL line to
> be deleted accidentally.

If they don't have admin access, they can't modify ACLs.

> It seems to me that this last requirement could be assured by disabling
> admin privilege for the teachers, but that would basically be
> equivalent to forcing me to set all ACLs manually, right?  (Meaning
> that the only solution would be to teach the other teachers how to set
> ACLs themselves?)

Ummm...can you try putting a default acl in a template and see if that works on
page creation without requiring admin access?

> This was the train of thought that led me to considering a second wiki
> instance...I'm just looking for the way to do this with minimal admin
> headache-inducement potential...

*nod*

Mike