[Moin-user] Howto install local extension macros

Johannes Kilian Jo.Kilian at gmx.de
Tue Nov 2 00:29:00 EST 2004

Hi there,

I've got a question concerning installing local macros within MoinMoin (just
running MoinMoin1.2.4 with Python 2.3)

My Wiki lives under D:\Wiki\Moin (on a Windows-Box).
So I have got a directory D:\Wiki\Moin\data

I've created a subdirectory D:\Wiki\Moin\data\plugin.
There I created several subdirs: macro, action, formatter ...
Within each of this directories I've got a file "_init_.py" containing the
following lines:
----------------------
 -*- coding: iso-8859-1 -*-

from MoinMoin.util import pysupport

modules = pysupport.getPackageModules(__file__)
----------------------

Now I've copied the action "VisualSiteMap.py" into my action subdir

Viewing my "SystemInfo" page VisualSiteMap shows up as a local extension
action.

Copying for example "Color.py" or "HTML.py" to my macro subdir they don't
show up as local extension macros on my "SystemInfo" page.

What's wrong with the way I tried to get local extension macros to work? Did
I miss something?

Any help welcome

Johannes

GMX DSL-Netzanschluss + Tarif zum supergünstigen Komplett-Preis!