[Moin-user] sharing accounts between two wikis

Andrew Premdas Andrew.Premdas at manchester.ac.uk
Tue Nov 2 02:48:15 EST 2004

As an admin you can create a template with the ACL's you want. The only
problem is to get the teachers to use the template, and not just create a
default page. By not giving the teachers admin rights you avoid the problems
of them understanding ACL's.

You can comment the ACL in your template and give instructions e.g.

 #acl whatever
 ## start writing you page below here, don't touch anything above here ##

An alternative might be to setup your default ACL's to be restrictive for
all pages and then create templates which overide and open up these defaults
for pages that are visible/editable to more users e.g.

PageStudentsCanReadButNotChangeTemplate
PageStudentsCanChangeTemplate
PageAnyoneCanChangeTemplate
etc.

Putting a detailed explanation in each template might also be useful.

Templates should mean that you don't have to set ACL's for people. Finally
you might want to give teachers delete rights so that if they use a wrong
template they can delete the page and recreate it using a different
template, which will be easier than you having to change the ACL.

All best

Andrew

Andrew Premdas
Student Systems Developer