[Moin-user] how to enable css suport -- a new Moin-moin 1.2.3 standalone install with Python 2.3.4 and WinMe

Brian van den Broek bvande at po-box.mcgill.ca
Fri Oct 8 09:54:50 EDT 2004

Brian van den Broek said unto the world upon 2004-10-07 20:10:

<SNIP>

> What I am missing is any css features. (As in, no icons, images,
> horizontal lines, and the things like "FrontPage", "recentChanges" ,etc
> that look like horizontally arranged shaded buttons on
> moinmoin.wikiweb.de are in a vertical list, without shading or colour,
> and surrounded by ugly boxes, etc.) I'd like to know how to get
> Moin-moin to use css.

<SNIP>

> I'm sure its just something foolish I've done or omitted doing, but I've
> tried to figure it out and haven't been able. I would very much
> appreciate an explanation (either by a reference to the web on this
> list) for how to get my Moin-moin installation to use css. Either way,
> my proficiency is not great, so simple explanations are better.
>
> Thanks for your time. Best to all,
>
> Brian vdB

Hi all,

last night I posted the above, where the snips were lots of description.
I received an off-list reply (thanks AnonymousDonor!) which suggested it
was a Moin-moin + Windows problem. The recommendation was to

> copy "C:\Python23\share\moin\htdocs" directory to "c:\moin\mywiki\wiki"

and

> You need one more parameter in Moin.cfg:
> httpd_docs = "c:\\moinwiki\\main\\"

(replacing what I had which was
httpd_docs = "C:/Python23/share/moin/htdocs")

Neither step made any difference. But, what I did notice, and ought to
have checked before my original post :-[ was that Moin-moin with css
*is* working just fine with MS IE 6. (I rolled back the suggested
changes I received, and they didn't make any difference, either.) That
is encouraging in its way (I *can* get css to work), but a bit of a
bummer, too. I only use IE to update Windows and cope with sites that
won't display in my browser of choice, Mozilla Firefox 0.10.

I'd be genuinely shocked to learn that Moin-moin supported IE but not
Mozilla Ff, so I assume that there must be more to do. I can rule out
that Moin-moin and one of the myriad Firefox extensions I have installed
is causing the conflict--I tried viewing my Wiki with a freshly created
and blank profile in Firefox, but still, no css prettiness.

Any further suggestions would be gratefully received. Best to all,

Brian vdB