[Moin-user] interwiki link to self

Michael P. Soulier michael_soulier at mitel.com
Tue Oct 19 05:42:04 EDT 2004

On 19/10/04 Ralf Moll did say:

> This is one of the most illogical things in MoinMoin to me.

Yeah, personally, since this works for external links

[http://foo.bar.com My label]

Why can't this work for internal wiki links?

[MyWikiPage My label]

I end up having to use this,

[wiki:Self:MyWikiPage My label]

but that puts an InterWiki icon in front of the link, which is
misleading (but apparently not a bug), so I have to use this

[:MyWikiPage:My label]

Which was not only undocumented AFAIK, but completely inconsistent with
any of the previous syntax.

Can we possibly fix this? I love Moin, but this is one area where
phpwiki does this much better, and I don't like that.

Peace,
Mike

--
Michael P. Soulier <michael_soulier at mitel.com>, 613-592-2122 x2522
6000/6010/60* Development, Mitel Networks Corporation