[Moin-user] Potential New User...

Michael Foord mike at pcblokes.com
Thu Oct 21 16:25:42 EDT 2004

Hello,

I hope this channel is newbie friendly, but in general python is - so
here goes. I need to set up a 'collaborative' content area of a website
for a charity funding project I'm involved with. A Wiki seems the ideal
format - and what could possibly be better than a python one.

My webhost offers very good support for python and is willing to install
MoinMoin for me ( http://www.saphiresoft.co.uk if anyone is interested).
What would be ideal is if we could set it up so that his various
customers could all establish there own Wikis with the minimum of
tinkering with system files each time - I guess his server is a normal
virtual server (apache on Linux with cPanel).

Can anyone point me to a good resource on this - googling produced a
mind boggling array of potential results and I'm sure this must have
been addressed before.

If anyone can tell me what the issues are likely to be as well that
would be helpful. For example I potentially would like 3 wikis of my own
and other users may want one or more. This mustn't be a nightmare for
the hoster to setup - oh, and we have mod_python installed.

Many TIA

Regards,

Michael