[Moin-user] RenamePage and links

Thomas Waldmann tw-public at gmx.de
Fri Oct 22 10:22:06 EDT 2004

> I'd like to put in a feature request, in case I don't have time to
> implement this myself. Currently the RenamePage action renames just
> fine, but it doesn't change all links to that page like in TWiki. This
> causes a lot of work when the page you're renaming is linked to from a
> lot of other pages.

Right. This is why one should think before naming pages. <g>

We could automatically change all link, but this has several problems:

a) Technically, we would need to globally lock the whole wiki while that
renaming is in progress - to avoid other people changing pages we also
change (or just renaming it back or to another name). This is not nice
to do.

b) If it is so easy, you might get oscillations in page names, if people
can't agree on it.

> Would it be possible to add this feature in a future release?

Not in 1.3. Maybe 1.4, maybe later, maybe never. X)

That global lock is the main problem...