[Moin-user] Potential New User...

Thomas Waldmann tw-public at gmx.de
Fri Oct 22 10:42:19 EDT 2004

> What would be ideal is if we could set it up so that his various
> customers could all establish there own Wikis with the minimum of
> tinkering with system files each time - I guess his server is a normal
> virtual server (apache on Linux with cPanel).

Maybe let him install moin once into system locations. He also could
configure Apache so that you can use ~/public_html/ directory in your
home directory. You also need your own cgi-bin directory and the CGI
should be run under your own user id. So anyone can setup his own wiki.
This is also described in the moin install docs.

If you aren't in a hurry (or he is willing to upgrade often :), you
could also use moin 1.3 which will have better multiple config support,
but is currently still in beta.

If you (he) rather want to stay on the stable path: 1.2.4 will be
released RSN.

> For example I potentially would like 3 wikis of my own
> and other users may want one or more. This mustn't be a nightmare for
> the hoster to setup - oh, and we have mod_python installed.

mod_python is faster, but not easier than using CGI.