[Moin-user] 'bot to reverse scribbles/spam?

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Tue Oct 26 20:19:05 EDT 2004

We are having ongoing problems with someone scribbling on the Python.org
wiki.  Whoever it is (claims to be "fred lee") deletes some content and adds
a bunch of external links to lots of other sites.  For an example, visit the
front page info url:

    http://www.python.org/moin/FrontPage?action=info

and take a look at "fred lee"s most recent "work".

A number of us have been monitoring changes to the wiki and reverting bad
changes, but I was wondering if anyone has considered creation of a 'bot to
monitor RecentChanges and revert suspicious changes?  "Suspicious" might be
defined in a number of different ways:

    * changes by particular users

    * changes containing certain suspect patterns

    * changes from certain ip address ranges

Thx,

--
Skip Montanaro
skip at mojam.com