[Moin-user] attachments, filenamespaces, and indexing

Thomas Waldmann tw-public at gmx.de
Thu Apr 21 07:10:42 EDT 2005

> considering altering the MoinMoin.action.AttachFile.do_upload function
> to substitute underscores for spaces.  Is there any good reason not to
> do this?

As a similar thing is already done for page names: No.

So feel free to do that. If you make a nice clean patch we might even
include it into 1.3.

There won't be bigger changes though, as we will replace attachments in
  the next major release completely.

> The other issue is making the attachment pages available for a web
> crawler to index.  We're considering using htdig or maybe a google
> mini appliance to index the site including the attachments.  Is there
> any place the unlinked files are available to the crawler?  Should I
> create an AttachIndex macro?

Maybe you need to use a useragent string that is not listed on the
blacklist of moin. Usually you DON'T want a search engine to trigger
actons, therefore most of those bots and tools are on the blacklist and
forbidden for actions.