[Moin-user] Re: "data_dir" does not exists at "...", or has incorrect ownership and permissions.

Alexander Schremmer 2005a at usenet.alexanderweb.de
Thu Apr 21 13:28:36 EDT 2005

On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 10:35:31 -0700 (PDT), Kevin Prichard wrote:

> ** "data_dir" does not exists at "/home/www/default/wikidata/", or has

> Or, maybe they need to contain all the stuff found
> underneath the installation directory's "./data"?

Sure. The directory is checked for some things - if it is a valid data
directory. (In fact, it has to contain a pages subdirectory).
This should be documented in the install documents.

> I'd like to ease the pain for others - How would I go about contributing to
> the project documentation changes of this kind?  Via CVS?

Feel free to edit the help pages master wiki. See
http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de/EditingOnMoinMaster for that.

Kind regards,
Alexander