[Moin-user] inexplicably(?) slow with CGI on Mac OS X

greg gregwh at gmail.com
Sat Apr 23 08:12:45 EDT 2005

Nir,

Thanks for the help.  I tried the standalone server on Mac OS X (I
don't have root and will have to wait for the sysadmin to try the
others).  I get a much more respectable 4.73 reqs/per sec with
standalone, which is about half of my home box speed (9.47 reqs/sec).
This is much more in line with what I expected.  It looks like os x,
apache, and cgi are a bad mix (at least for MoinMoin).  I added some
to the MoinMoin benchmarks to the benchmarks page and will add the
rest when I've had a chance to try fast cgi and mod_python on the mac.

Thanks,
Greg