[Moin-user] Confused about ACLs - can't the page creator determine access?

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Tue Aug 9 19:10:41 EDT 2005

I'm trying to figure out Moin's ACLs, but they just don't seem to work the
way I'd expect.  I went to create a new page with ths acl:

    #acl SkipMontanaro:read,write,admin All:

(while logged in as SkipMontanaro).  When I attemped to save the page, Moin
barked:

    You can't change ACLs on this page since you have no admin rights on it!

ACLs are enabled, but there are no changes from the defaults in the config
file:

    % egrep -i acl wikiconfig.py
        # Enable acl (0 to disable)
        acl_enabled = 1
        # All acl_right_xxx must use unicode [Unicode]
        #acl_rights_before = u"Known:admin All:read"

What am I missing?  As the creator of a page shouldn't I be allowed to be
its admin?

Thx,

--
Skip Montanaro