[Moin-user] Confused about ACLs - can't the page creator determine access?

Nir Soffer nirs at actcom.net.il
Tue Aug 9 22:53:55 EDT 2005

On 9 Aug, 2005, at 5:09, skip at pobox.com wrote:

> I'm trying to figure out Moin's ACLs, but they just don't seem to work
> the
> way I'd expect.  I went to create a new page with ths acl:
>
>     #acl SkipMontanaro:read,write,admin All:
>
> (while logged in as SkipMontanaro).  When I attemped to save the page,
> Moin
> barked:
>
>     You can't change ACLs on this page since you have no admin rights
> on it!
>
> ACLs are enabled, but there are no changes from the defaults in the
> config
> file:
>
>     % egrep -i acl wikiconfig.py
>         # Enable acl (0 to disable)
>         acl_enabled = 1
>         # All acl_right_xxx must use unicode [Unicode]
>         #acl_rights_before = u"Known:admin All:read"
>
> What am I missing?  As the creator of a page shouldn't I be allowed to
> be
> its admin?

We don't have the concept of "createor" or "owner" of a page. Page acl
can be change only by Admin, which is usually defined in the wiki
config.

Try this configuration:

     acl_rights_before = u"SkipMontanaro:read,write,delete,revert,admin
""

Now you can do anything on any page. If you want more admin users, you
can add them in the config, or add them to an acl protected group page,
and add the group page name to the config.

All this is explained here:
http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de/MoinMoinQuestions/Administration

Best Regards,

Nir Soffer