[Moin-user] 1.3.5 MonthCalendar observations

Jim Wight j.k.wight at ncl.ac.uk
Tue Aug 16 08:41:26 EDT 2005

MonthCalendar in 1.3.5 is nice, but I think it could be better:

It shouldn't be necessary to have to modify the source code in order to
get the 'SUNDAY' form of headings. How about another argument?

Requiring the use of first-level headings in order to get previews is
too restrictive. I hardly ever use those - they're too big. Being able
to specify a different level would be extremely useful. Another
argument? For the time being I've reluctantly modified the code to
achieve it, but the fewer the changes that have to be attended to at an
upgrade the better.

There doesn't seem much point in displaying an empty preview when there
are no headers that match the criterion. Someone who wants to use
MonthCalendar, and doesn't have any matching headings in their pages (or
doesn't want previews), has no way, as far as I can see, of suppressing
them.

Single quotes in previews should be quoted in order to avoid JavaScript
errors (and no preview).

Jim