[Moin-user] ACLs on template files

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Tue Aug 23 06:01:57 EDT 2005

I'm working on some templates for a wiki that will be used mostly by
novices.  Read: they won't know an ACL from a hole in the ground.  I'd like
to create templates they can't modify, so I added this at the top:

    #acl All:read

That's fine, but when the template is used to start a new page, the
template's content is incorporated verbatim to start the page.  I can stick
a note in the template telling people to delete the ACL, but it seems to me
that maybe the ACL should be deleted, since many pages will have different
protections than templates.

Any thoughts on that?

Thx,

--