[Moin-user] Unicode error from decodeUserInput when attaching non-text files (Win32)

Thomas Waldmann tw-public at gmx.de
Tue Aug 23 07:46:21 EDT 2005

Hi Andy,

> Does anyone have any experience running Moin in a win32 environment?  Do
> I need to open up a bug on the Moin Wiki for this to be looked at?

I don't use Win32, but maybe you can try a different thing:

That request.py code was heavily changed after 1.3.5, so maybe you could
just try a current snapshot of 1.3.5 and check if it is better for you.

>>   File "C:\Python24\lib\site-packages\MoinMoin\request.py", line 1764,
>> in setup_args
>>     i = wikiutil.decodeUserInput(i, self.decode_charsets)
>> UnicodeError: The string "GIF89aY ...<contents of file here>..."
>> cannot be decoded.

Obviously it doesn't care that this is a binary file and not some
textual input from the user. 8-|

regards,

Thomas