[Moin-user] ACLs on template files

Nir Soffer nirs at actcom.net.il
Tue Aug 23 08:16:38 EDT 2005

On 23 Aug, 2005, at 14:28, skip at pobox.com wrote:

> I'm working on some templates for a wiki that will be used mostly by
> novices.  Read: they won't know an ACL from a hole in the ground.  I'd
> like
> to create templates they can't modify, so I added this at the top:
>
>     #acl All:read
>
> That's fine, but when the template is used to start a new page, the
> template's content is incorporated verbatim to start the page.  I can
> stick
> a note in the template telling people to delete the ACL, but it seems
> to me
> that maybe the ACL should be deleted, since many pages will have
> different
> protections than templates.

This is very easy to fix in few lines, no need to wait for 2.0.

Current code copy the template text to the new page. The needed fix is
to remove acl lines from the template before copying them to the new
page if the user does not have admin rights.

This will not change the current situation - users without admin rights
can't create a page with acl line, but it will simply work. It does not
make sense and (even evil) to put data on a page that will prevent the
user from saving the page.

Best Regards,

Nir Soffer