[Moin-user] Unicode error from decodeUserInput when attaching non-text files (Win32)

Andy Grundman andy at hybridized.org
Tue Aug 23 12:18:15 EDT 2005

Thomas Waldmann wrote:
> Hi Andy,
>

>>Does anyone have any experience running Moin in a win32 environment?  Do
>>I need to open up a bug on the Moin Wiki for this to be looked at?
>

> I don't use Win32, but maybe you can try a different thing:
>
> That request.py code was heavily changed after 1.3.5, so maybe you could
> just try a current snapshot of 1.3.5 and check if it is better for you.

I ran across an old bug that mentions my issue:
http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de/MoinMoinBugs/ModPyDoesNotAcceptFileUpload

It seems that a workaround was put in place in MM a while ago, so I'm
not sure why this bug is affecting me now.  I will look into it a bit
more and try some of the fixes mentioned in the bug.

Thanks,
-Andy