[Moin-user] Can I avoid the "redirected" message?

Nir Soffer nirs at freeshell.org
Sat Aug 27 05:23:25 EDT 2005

Quoting skip at pobox.com:

> If I add
>
>     # redirect SomewhereElse
>
> to a wiki page, I get redirected when I try to visit that page, but when the
> targe page is displayed, it tells me
>
>     Redirected  from page "RedirectSource"
>
> Can I suppress that somehow?  I didn't see any sort of configuration option
> to accomplish that.  I'm using 1.3.4.

Yea this message is annoying, it was even more annyoing before 1.3 when it used
a warning icon.

There is no way to remove it but to patch the code. Edit Page.py and comment the
line that add it.

MediaWiki solved this in much better way, you get a tiny notice under the page
name. I feel that in most cases, nobody care if he got to the page by redirect
or not, just like a symoblic link on the file system. In rare cases it may be
useful to fetch the redirect page, maybe we can add a link on the page general
info page to pages that redirect to this page.

--
Best regards,

Nir Soffer