[Moin-user] Moin search box

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 27 17:54:47 EDT 2005

On Sun, 2005-08-28 at 00:28 +0300, Nir Soffer wrote:
> On 27 Aug, 2005, at 22:58, skip at pobox.com wrote:
>

> >     Jim> Is there a way to delete (remove) the Moin search box?
> >
> > You can create a new theme that doesn't include it.
>
> You can also hack your favorite theme from your wikiconfig.py:
>
> 	from MoinMoin.theme import ThemeBase
> 	ThemeBase.searchform = lambda self, x: ''
>
> But why you want to remove the search box?

I'm basically using Moin for a multi-editor website management tool,
where the main purpose of the site is some Mailman mailinglists.  The
lists have a search box (htdig) and having two search interfaces would
be more confusing than beneficial.  As the site transitions from static
to wiki'ish I'm sure the Moin search capabilities will be needed and
returned.

-Jim P.