[Moin-user] Can I avoid the "redirected" message?

Nir Soffer nirs at actcom.net.il
Sun Aug 28 07:36:28 EDT 2005

On 28 Aug, 2005, at 12:10, Juergen Hermann wrote:

>> Can I suppress that somehow?  I didn't see any sort of configuration
>> option
>> to accomplish that.  I'm using 1.3.4.
>
> That msg is the only way (apart from direct url manipulation) to ever
> edit
> that page again (f.x. change the redirect target).

The way to visit a redirect page is to use "show" action:

	/RedirectPage?action=show

If you want to find pages that redirect to another page, you can can
search for ""#redirect PageName", but if there is only one such page,
search will visit that page, and be redirected again :-)

A page does not know its redirect page(s). The redirect page is known
only directly after the redirect, using a query:

	/TargetPage?action=show&redirect=RedirectPage

  One might think that doing a backlink search will show you the pages
redirecting to the current page, since they contain the page "link",
but because redirect is handled before the code that save the page
links, this is not true.

Best Regards,

Nir Soffer