[Moin-user] Failed to update MoinMoin from 1.2.3 to 1.3.1 and being disappointed :-(

Bob Apthorpe apthorpe at cynistar.net
Fri Feb 4 09:04:11 EST 2005

Hi,

Ulf Lamping wrote:
[...]
> Please let me know if there are any plans in the near future to improve
> the upgrade process,

Yesterday I migrated my test installation of MoinMoin 1.2.4 to a
different server and used that to test the v1.2.4 -> v1.3.3 upgrade process.

I have to agree with Ulf that the process and documentation leaves a lot
to be desired. However, with Ulf's posts as a warning and after a number
of false starts and a lot of cross-referencing in the documentation, I
successfully upgraded my system. It was more tedious than difficult,
almost all the information you need to perform the upgrade is in the
existing documentation, and the process becomes very clear once you've
successfully gone through it once. Unfortunately, that doesn't help much
if you've never done it before. :)

So, to help reduce frustration and help people upgrade to v1.3.3, I wrote:

http://wiki.austinimprov.com/aiwiki/YetMoreHelpOnUpgradingMoinMoin

I'd appreciate it if a few people could review this and test the process
to ensure I haven't missed anything obvious.

Now to write a good phpwiki->moinmoin translator...

-- Bob