[Moin-user] Help: Installation failed.

Uwe Werner (RTC) uwe.werner at rtc.bosch.com
Mon Feb 7 07:46:37 EST 2005

Hi everybody,

I try to install Moin 1.3.3. on  Red Hat Fedora Core 2.6.9 with  Apache
2.0.59 to get a workgroup wiki running on a dedicated machine. Previous
installs of Moin on a Win2k machine (to get'em hooked...) and on my
private OSX work like a charm.

On the Linux machine Apache works (running as user, group apache) ,
"python moin.cgi" produces HTML what has to be rendered by the browser.
So Moin works. In my despair I made everything accessible to everyone.
To no avail.

I get the "Internal Server Error", and error_log shows
(13)Permission denied: exec of
'/usr/share/moin/raptwiki/cgi-bin/moin.cgi' failed
Premature end of script headers: moin.cgi

I have read the documentation over and over, followed every  hint. I
just don't know how to continue. Searching  did not help. Do I have to
enable CGI? I doubt it. Where, how? Something special required?

What can I do? Any help appreciated.
Regards, Uwe