[Moin-user] Import of configuration file "wikiconfig.py" failed because of SyntaxError

Gerhard Marini gerhard.marini at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 23:34:30 EST 2005

Dear Moiners,

I get the following error message in the browser after the basic
installation and typing "http://server/myWiki":

"MoinMoin Configuration Error

Import of configuration file "wikiconfig.py" failed because of
SyntaxError: invalid syntax (wikiconfig.py, line 58).

We hope this error message make sense. If not, you are welcome to ask on
the page http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de/MoinMoinQuestions/ConfigFiles or
the #moin channel on irc.freenode.net or on the mailing list.

      * win32 (nt)
      * Python 2.4 (C:\Python24\python.exe)
      * MoinMoin release 1.3.3 (revision 1.3.3 release)

      * HelpOnInstalling
      * HelpOnConfiguration
      * MoinMoinBugs"

line 58 is:	data_dir = r'F:\moin\myWiki\data'

There I have installed my Wiki. The actual MoinMoin installation is under
C:\moin.

I have tried to replace the single quotes by double quotes, replace the
back slashes by slashes, use a trailing slash, remove the heading "r" -
but no effect: always the same error message keeps appearing.

Any help is most appreciated!

Gerhard