[Moin-user] 1.3.1 and mod_python

Nigel Metheringham Nigel.Metheringham at dev.intechnology.co.uk
Sat Jan 1 11:39:06 EST 2005

Kevin Kleinfelter wrote:

> I can *almost* get 1.3.1 to work w/mod_python. CGI works fine.  When I
> access http://myserver/myinstance, it loads FrontPage as expected.
> When I access http://myserver/myinstance/HelpContents, it loads
> FrontPage. To really load HelpContents I have to enter
> http://myserver/myinstance/anything-here/HelpContents.

This is the effect I see for a wiki at server root - caused by the
SCRIPT_NAME & PATH_INFO variables getting confused...

> My setup:
> * Fedora 3, Apache 2, mod_python new enough to have the bug fixed

That's the same as my test set-up

> * httpd.conf contains
> <Directory "/usr/local/wikis/myinstance>
>   Order allow,deny
>   Allow from all
>   AllowOverride all
> </Directory>

That <Directory> stanza will do nothing at all unless you have an Alias
or DocumentRoot directive directing URLs into that directory.

I suggest you kill any Alias directives into that directory and the
whole <Directory> stanza.

> <Location /myinstance>
>   SetHandler python-program
>   PythonPath "['/usr/local/wikis/myinstance']+sys.path"
>   PythonHandler MoinMoin.request::RequestModPy.run
> </Location>

Thats fine.
My documents on this are at
  http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de:8000/NigelMetheringham/ApacheWithModPython