[Moin-user] FORBIDDEN when redirecting - problem

Maciej Blizinski maciej.blizinski at gmail.com
Sun Jan 2 05:30:07 EST 2005

Let's say I have a page of name "Neurodermatitis". It redirects to
page "Atopowe zapalenie skóry" (my wiki is in polish). When I type in
my browser:

http://www.atopowe.pl/zapalenie/Neurodermatitis

...i get redirected as desired, and I end up at following URL:

http://www.atopowe.pl/zapalenie/Atopowe_zapalenie_sk%c3%b3ry?action=show&redirect=Neurodermatitis

But what about bots, like googlebot or wget? I want them to get
redirected as well. Let's try with wget:

maciej at matilda:~/Desktop/tmp$ wget
http://www.atopowe.pl/zapalenie/Neurodermatitis
--14:22:15--  http://www.atopowe.pl/zapalenie/Neurodermatitis
           => `Neurodermatitis'
Resolving www.atopowe.pl... 62.233.164.2
Connecting to www.atopowe.pl[62.233.164.2]:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 302
Location: http://www.atopowe.pl/zapalenie/Atopowe_zapalenie_sk%c3%b3ry?action=show&redirect=Neurodermatitis
[following]
--14:22:16--  http://www.atopowe.pl/zapalenie/Atopowe_zapalenie_sk%c3%b3ry?action=show&redirect=Neurodermatitis
           => `Atopowe_zapalenie_skĂłry?action=show&redirect=Neurodermatitis'
Connecting to www.atopowe.pl[62.233.164.2]:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 403 FORBIDDEN
14:22:16 ERROR 403: FORBIDDEN.

Not good. Not goot at all. When trying to connect after redirecting
("Location:") server says the page is forbidden. Why is it so?
error_log doesn't show anything, i.e. there isn't any log entry
referring to this 403 error.

Technical info:
Python     2.3.3 (#1, Jan 20 2004, 14:35:37) [GCC 3.3.2]
MoinMoin     Release 1.3.0 [Revision patch-399]
Apache 2.0.x

Is it in Apache config or in MoinMoin config?

Regards,
Maciej

--
Maciej Bliziński