[Moin-user] Attachment Problem - Apache mod_python WinXP

Chad Lowe chad.lowe at gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 12:20:30 EST 2005

I am running Apache 2.0.52 on WinXP (sp1) and MoinMoin 1.3.0 using mod_python.

Everything is working great except for attaching files. When I attempt
to attach a file I get the following back in the web browser:

request.print_exception handler
Traceback (most recent call last):

 File "C:\Python23\lib\site-packages\MoinMoin\request.py", line 681, in run
   self.args = self.setup_args()
 File "C:\Python23\lib\site-packages\MoinMoin\request.py", line 1583,
in setup_args
   i = wikiutil.decodeUserInput(i, self.decode_charsets)
 File "C:\Python23\Lib\site-packages\MoinMoin\wikiutil.py", line 70,
in decodeUserInput
   raise UnicodeError('The string "%s" cannot be decoded.' % s)
UnicodeError: The string "��ࡱ�

*** The rest of the file (a Word document) displays in the plain text.

The same happens wether I try to attach a text file, pdf file, etc.

Previously I was running the same MoinMoin instance using the
standalone server and file attaching worked fine.

Also, files that I had previously attached work display correctly when
viewed on the wiki.

Thanks,
Chad Lowe