[Moin-user] Re: Re: logo location

Alexander Schremmer 2004b at usenet.alexanderweb.de
Wed Jan 19 09:31:21 EST 2005

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 08:51:54 -0000, Nigel Harper wrote:

>>> For the record I've added it to the htdocs directory of my
>> moin installation
>>> - not something you'd want to do running with a proper
>> webserver I imagine,
>>> and probably not a great idea for a standalone installation
>> but it works
>>> which'll do me for now.
>>
>> Why isn't it a good idea? It sounds perfectly correct to me.
>
> Maybe it's ok.  It seems a little inelegant - I'm sure it should be possible
> to do it by placing the image somewhere under the wiki instance directory
> rather than in the main MoinMoin installation.

You can set the path to the htdocs in your standalone driver script
(normally "moin.py"). Every standalone server has its own htdocs directory.
So a wikifarm which consists of multiple wiki has a single htdocs
directory. This is due to the internal "request routing".
I do not see any problem with this, though.

So if you do not like to have it in /usr/share..., then duplicate your
htdocs dir and copy the image into the duplicate. Then change the path in
moin.py

Kind regards,
Alexander