[Moin-user] thanks for the work on moinmoin -- a win32 standalone success

Brian van den Broek bvande at po-box.mcgill.ca
Wed Jan 19 15:02:14 EST 2005

Hi all,

I just wanted to say a public thanks for all the work that went into
the most recent release of moinmoin. It is greatly appreciated!

That's the substance; the rest below is just details of the triumph
over previous difficulties.

The more detailed version:

I'm not a programmer, but a Python hobbyist and a windoze user. A few
months back I tried to install moinmoin as a standalone for a personal
notes wiki. Pushing through the (then not so clear, complete or
consistent) docs, I managed to get it working without any support of
style sheets.

I got good efforts to help solve the problem on IRC, but life got in
the way before it got accomplished, and it ended up staying that way.

Well, today I managed to install the most recent version with almost
no puzzlement. The docs were much improved, and no goats or chickens
needed to be sacrificed. I've not poked around enough (nor do I know
enough yet) to be certain that all functions/features work, but
everything looks good so far :-)

So, thanks muchly!

Best to all,

Brian vdB