[Moin-user] Discussion feature for Wiki pages

Jim Wight j.k.wight at ncl.ac.uk
Thu Jan 20 07:56:21 EST 2005

On Thu, 2005-01-13 at 12:21, Thomas Waldmann wrote:
> > is there something like the Wikipedia discussion feature, where you have
> > a dedicated discussion page per Wiki page?
> > I scanned the Macro and ActionMarket, but did not succeed.
>
> You can always have a link like /DiscussThatHere - and if you
> additionally protect the main page by ACLs then nobody except allowed
> people can modify the main page.

Alternatively, if you don't mind modifying the code, and you allow users
to create pages, you could make the following 1-line addition to editbar
(at line 958) in .../site-packages/MoinMoin/theme/__init__.py

          add(self.subscribeLink(page))
+         add(link(request, quotedname + '/Discuss', _('Discuss', formatted=False)))
          add(self.actionsMenu(page))

Jim