[Moin-user] Automatic login on secure wiki

Malte Helmert helmert at informatik.uni-freiburg.de
Sat Jan 22 18:22:21 EST 2005

Hello there,

I am planning to set up a MoinMoin wiki at work for internal purposes.
It is important that the wiki can only be accessed by authorized people.

The number of users is fairly small and I have full control over the web
server, so I plan to set up Apache in such a way that access is only
possible via SSL and only for users with valid client certificates
issued by our group.

For convenience, I'd like the users to be automatically logged in, which
should be possible since Apache provides enough information for
identifying the users from their SSL certificates. I can adapt moin.cgi
to read that information and map it to a user name of the wiki.

My question is: What do I need to do to automatically log the user in to
MoinMoin? I have a good amount of experience with Python and a fair
amount of experience with MoinMoin, so solutions that require some
Python hacking are ok.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide,

Malte