[Moin-user] Re: Automatic login on secure wiki

Alexander Schremmer 2004b at usenet.alexanderweb.de
Sun Jan 23 02:18:11 EST 2005

On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 00:46:27 +0100, Malte Helmert wrote:

> For convenience, I'd like the users to be automatically logged in, which
> should be possible since Apache provides enough information for
> identifying the users from their SSL certificates. I can adapt moin.cgi
> to read that information and map it to a user name of the wiki.
>
> My question is: What do I need to do to automatically log the user in to
> MoinMoin? I have a good amount of experience with Python and a fair
> amount of experience with MoinMoin, so solutions that require some
> Python hacking are ok.

MoinMoin can read the user name from the CGI environment when it was set by
the webserver because the user name got authenticated via HTTP auth or any
compatible module (like mod_ldap etc.).

Please read HelpOnConfiguration in order to know how to enable this
feature. You might want to apply this patch in order to create the user
accounts in MoinMoin automatically - otherwise you would need to create
them separately:
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_id=6247606&forum_id=623

Kind regards,
Alexander