[Moin-user] Single FrontPage and different language settings

Ralf Gross Ralf-Lists at RalfGross.de
Mon Jan 24 06:34:14 EST 2005

Hi,

I just updated moinmoin to version 1.3.2. After that I created a new wiki
instance for testing and edited FrontPage. I tried to access the new
FrontPage with an other browser, which has different language settings.
Instead of FrontPage I reached the german 'StartSeite', which was -of
course- empty.
What is the best way to deal with this? I just want a single version of
FrontPage, there is no need for differnet languages.
I found -> HelpOnConfiguration -> Default front page

http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de/HelpOnConfiguration#head-944e66b7a28da30bc5ba47876636860db4d411e8
| 1. You will have a single language site, with a single language front
| page.Then just make your own single front page (and don't name it Front
| Page) which is suitable for all people regardless of their native
language | and set the page_front_page setting to this name. For example:|
| page_front_page = u'MyGreatProject'

| 2. You will have a multiple language site and you intend to speak the
| user's language (or at least some of those languages). In that case,
just | edit FrontPage to fit your needs. Also edit all the translations of| FrontPage (like {de} StartSeite) you want to support (and keep them all
in | sync). If you don't want (or cannot) support a specific language,
then| replace that translation by a redirect to e.g. the english FrontPage:

| #redirect FrontPage

If I understand this right, 1. seems to be the right way. I just have to
enter the config file
page_front_page = 'Foo_Bar_FrontPage'

and create Foo_BAR_FrontPage. After that every user is directed to
Foo_Bar_FrontPage'.
How do other people deal with this?

Thanks, Ralf

Ralf