[Moin-user] ANN: MoinMoin 1.3.2 (advanced wiki engine) released

Brian van den Broek bvande at po-box.mcgill.ca
Mon Jan 24 10:20:07 EST 2005

Sandip Bhattacharya said unto the world upon 2005-01-24 12:23:
> On Sun, 2005-01-23 at 23:16 +0100, Alexander Schremmer wrote:
>
>>MoinMoin 1.3.2 is a maintenance release that fixes several bugs and
>>introduces some new features. See below. Upgrading is recommended
>>for all users. - http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de/MoinMoinDownload
>
> What are the upgrade instructions for moving from 1.3.1? The upgrade
> document seems only to concentrate on moving to 1.3.1.
>
> - Sandip

Hi Sandip,

I am new to MoinMoin and not a hacker. You've been warned ;-)

A few days ago I installed 1.3.1 on Windows as a standalone. (Just in
time to get it working before 1.3.2 was release :-| )

Last night, I upgraded to 1.3.2 by:

1) Backing up my wiki-instance dir and ../site-packages/MoinMoin,
2) Following the install instructions as though it were a fresh install,
3) Restoring my changes to moin.py and wikiconfig.py by hand.
4) Spending several puzzled minutes suspicious that it all seemed too
easy :-)

Again, newbie with standalone, so you might want to wait for a more
authoritative response. (You also might want to wait for the projected
bug fix release that Alexander posted about before you posted your
question.)

HTH,

Brian vdB