[Moin-user] Re: Re: Re: PageTemplate oddity with moinmoin 1.3.1 as standalone with Python 2.4 under Windows Me

Alexander Schremmer 2004b at usenet.alexanderweb.de
Mon Jan 24 10:20:19 EST 2005

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 13:01:57 -0500, Brian van den Broek wrote:

> Alexander Schremmer said unto the world upon 2005-01-24 06:39:

> Not so much. While step (4) does create a new sub-dir for the new
> page, the mod time of the 'pages' dir remains unchanged. In fact,
> despite having created and modified a number of pages since I
> installed 1.3.2 last night, all first-level sub-dirs of ..\data\
> continue to show the mod time from the time of the install.

OK, then we have found the cause.

> You said earlier that it works for you when you try on Windows. I'm
> guessing you aren't using Win Me. Could this be the cause?

Yes, I am on Windows XP.

This might even be the case for Windows XP and FAT. Maybe we will find a
solution to workaround this. In fact, many places in the code rely on the
fact that the modification time of a directory changes if a file is
changed.

I hope that you can accept this small glitch while there is no workaround.

Kind regards,
Alexander