[Moin-user] Problems with ModPy Wiki at Domain Root

Matthew T. Atkinson matthew at agrip.org.uk
Tue Jan 25 19:18:04 EST 2005

'ello,

I have been using MoinMoin for some time and am very happy with it.
Recently I have wanted to move to using ModPy instead of CGI.  Now that
1.3.3 is out I am setting up a new Wiki using ModPy that I would like to
be at the root of a domain.  I was pleased to see that the documentation
has been re-written but unfortunately it still isn't quite working for
me...

The site appears to work fine when it is at http://agdev.org/w/ however
as soon as I move it to http://www.agdev.org/ using the instructions at
http://moinmaster.wikiwikiweb.de/HelpOnConfiguration/ApacheVoodoo I get
a lot of errors reported in my Apache error log (posted below).

I was a bit surprised as these instructions specify the use of the ModPy
wrapper script, which I remember from the days before ModPy 3.1.3.  The
Installation instructions at
http://moinmaster.wikiwikiweb.de/HelpOnInstalling/ApacheWithModPython#head-13e83d4d1b94b07a75b3edb80c20e34c44efa4bc also mention this wrapper script.

The problem I am having is that, though the Wiki /appears/ to work on
the outside, my Apache error log is recording a great many strange
errors added to it for each viewing of a page on the Wiki.  You can find
my error log and virtual host config file for the Wiki at agdev.org
attached.

Though the Wiki seems functional from the outside, I don't like the look
of all those errors which are generated just by visiting the FrontPage
-- they are also eating up my disk space :-).  Does anyone know what
they mean and how I can stop them from occurring?

Many thanks in advance for any information you might have,

best regards,

--
Matthew T. Atkinson <matthew at agrip.org.uk>