[Moin-user] backlinks and subpages oddity with standalone MoinMoin 1.3.2

Brian van den Broek bvande at po-box.mcgill.ca
Wed Jan 26 00:30:04 EST 2005

Hi all,

I am using MoinMoin 1.3.2 as a standalone with Python 2.4 under WinMe.
(I know about the 1.3.2 problem, but it's a single user wiki, so I
don't think it matters for me.)

I've found another respect in which the fact that my OS does not
change the mod time of a dir when the files within the dir are changed
creates an issue. (Alexander and I posted about that within the last
few days.) I'm posting it here not to complain (I know the MoinMoin
developers are aware of the problem now), but in case the additional
data is useful. If it is not needed or would be better directed
elsewhere, please let me know.

The 'click on the title for backlinks' feature works differently for
newly created TopPage/SubPages and TopPage/SubPage/SubSubPages until I
have terminated the moin.py python process and restarted it.

For example, if I have new pages FooBar, FooBar/SpamHam and
FooBar/SpamHam/BazBaz where the only link to FooBar/SpamHam is from
FooBar and the only link to FooBar/SpamHam/BazBaz is from
FooBar/SpamHam, clicking on the title of FooBar/SpamHam works as
expected. But clicking on the title FooBar/SpamHam/BazBaz gives a page
that says:

Full Text Search: "/BazBaz"

0 results of about 731 pages. (26.14 seconds)

(An aside: that time seems really high to me. It drops down to the 3-5
seconds range when repeated. I've a laptop that is several years old,
so the time is surely partly my hardware. But, does that seem within
the range of normal?)

If I add a link to FooBar/SpamHam/BazBaz from somewhere not in the
FooBar tree, on clicking the title I am immediately sent to the page
with the new link.

So, it looks to me like the backlink feature isn't working right with
3rd level subpages in that links from the 2nd level subpage to the
third level subpage are ignored. Terminating mod.py and restarting
makes everything behave as expected.

Thanks and best,

Brian vdB