[Moin-user] Re: backlinks and subpages oddity with standalone MoinMoin 1.3.2

Alexander Schremmer 2004b at usenet.alexanderweb.de
Wed Jan 26 08:11:02 EST 2005

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 03:25:28 -0500, Brian van den Broek wrote:

> I am using MoinMoin 1.3.2 as a standalone with Python 2.4 under WinMe.
> (I know about the 1.3.2 problem, but it's a single user wiki, so I
> don't think it matters for me.)
>
> I've found another respect in which the fact that my OS does not
> change the mod time of a dir when the files within the dir are changed
> creates an issue. (Alexander and I posted about that within the last
> few days.) I'm posting it here not to complain (I know the MoinMoin
> developers are aware of the problem now), but in case the additional
> data is useful. If it is not needed or would be better directed
> elsewhere, please let me know.

[...]

> So, it looks to me like the backlink feature isn't working right with
> 3rd level subpages in that links from the 2nd level subpage to the
> third level subpage are ignored. Terminating mod.py and restarting
> makes everything behave as expected.

It looks like this is the same problem. Let's call your pages A/B/C. You
started moin.py, created A, restarted it, created A/B, added a link to
A/B/C and created A/B/C. Then you searched for a term which just can be
found on the page A/B. And it was not found because MoinMoin does not know
about the page A/B at all (because the dircache relies on the modification
date and that one didn't change).

I hope that I will find a fix (I haven't looked into it, though). :-)

Kind regards,
Alexander