[Moin-user] Problems installing Moin 1.3.3

AZimmer at orga-test.com AZimmer at orga-test.com
Fri Jan 28 01:07:21 EST 2005

Dear Mailinglist,

System:
Windows 2000 Advanced Server
Internet Information Server 5.0
Python 2.4
Moin Moin 1.3.3

I try to install Moin Moin, following the instructions like described in
the installation guide for a public wiki using CGI on an
InternetInformationServer.
(http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de/HelpOnInstalling/InternetInformationServer)

When I try to acces my new installed wiki, i got the following error:

CGI Error
The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set
of HTTP headers. The headers it did return are:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Moin\otswiki\moin.cgi", line 37, in ?
    request = RequestCGI()
  File "C:/Moin/Lib/site-packages\MoinMoin\request.py", line 1109, in
__init__
    self._setup_vars_from_std_env(os.environ)
  File "C:/Moin/Lib/site-packages\MoinMoin\request.py", line 243, in
_setup_vars_from_std_env
    path_info = path_info.decodeUnknownInput(path_info).encode("utf-8")
AttributeError: 'str' object has no attribute 'decodeUnknownInput'

Sorry about this noob-like Question but I´m new to wikis and never done
something with CGIs before.

Thanks for your help,
Andre Zimmer