[Moin-user] Users unable to create home pages

Brian van den Broek bvande at po-box.mcgill.ca
Fri Jan 28 16:37:04 EST 2005

Matthew T. Atkinson said unto the world upon 2005-01-28 10:15:
> 'ello,
>
> I am having some problems with the users of one of my Moin Wikis.  They
> are having difficulty creating home pages from the template.  The reason
> is that they are not removing the ACL line from the page loaded in from
> the template and thus getting access denied errors when trying to save
> the page (as only admin users can alter ACLs).
>
> Is there any way to get round this other than removing the ACL line from
> the template pages?  I realise the users are technically at fault for
> not removing the ACL line, but they are new to Wikis and there's not
> much I can do to /make / them read the docs :-).  I am using 1.3.3.
>
> Thanks in advance for any info you may have,
>
> best regards,

Hi,

not a technical solution, but:

What about changing the homepage template so that the first few (and
perhaps the last few) lines read something like

NOTE You MUST remove the ACL line from the text below
NOTE You MUST remove the ACL line from the text below
NOTE You MUST remove the ACL line from the text below

## Please edit system and help pages ONLY in the moinmaster wiki! For more
etc.

There's not reading the docs, and then there's not noticing being hit
on the head ;-)

Best,

Brian vdB