[Moin-user] bug? no image display from local files in standalone mode

Craig Larman craig at craiglarman.com
Sat Jan 29 09:58:15 EST 2005

Using moin 1.3.1, in standalone server mode for local use only (no apache).

HELP! i wanted a wiki to be able to do a simple task: display an image
inline on a page. It works fine if it's an HTTP URL image, but i want this
for images on my local hard disk, and it is not working in Moin.

The docs **suggest** i should be able to write something like the following
FILE URL, and see an image inline, but no luck:

[file:///C:/temp/foo.jpg]

     Or perhaps (2 slashes?):

[file://C:/temp/foo.jpg]

In any event, no variation works for me. Is this a known bug, or ???

Regards, craig