[Moin-user] access control lists

Tomi Junnila topeju at badzilla.net
Mon Jan 31 12:52:22 EST 2005

* Dean Hiller <dean at xsoftware.biz> wrote on 31.01.05 12:54:
> I would preferably just let them see my private pages(1 or 2 pages) than
> have to give them permission for every other page in the wiki.  That would
> be too much trouble.  I expect in the end there will be 3 private pages, and
> about 100 public ones, and I am too lazy to add an acl on every one of those
> pages....really wish there was a way to take permissions away. oh well,

Umm, why not give everyone (well, everyone in question anyway) access by
default? Not through acl_rights_before, but with acl_rights_default.

Then, for the 3 private pages you have, set the acl to:
#acl MyNameHere:read,write,admin,delete,revert All:

This will take away everyone else's access to the page.

Like Nir Soffer wrote, the first ACL that matches is used, and
acl_rights_before is prepended to the #acl string on every page (in
other words, if you have anything in acl_rights_before that matches a
user, that setting will take effect). I would only use acl_rights_before
to ensure that I have access to every page on my wiki even if someone
accidentally set an ACL blocking everybody out.

--
Tomi Junnila <topeju at badzilla.net>
http://topeju.badzilla.net/