[Moin-user] Re: line break [[BR]] can be replaced with simple \n???

Pascal Bauermeister pascal.bauermeister at hispeed.ch
Mon Jan 31 12:56:20 EST 2005

On Mon, 2005-01-31 at 12:47 -0700, Dean Hiller wrote:
> yes, I do think there maybe cases.  Using the pattern of use cases Craig
> Larman follows in "Applying UML and Patterns", I wrote this up
>
> https://pro5.abac.com/deanhiller/cgi-bin/moin.cgi/UseCases
>
> Notice Use Case I and how many [[BR]] I had to type.  It was quite annoying.
> It would be nice if this was at least configurable.  Realize, I copied the
> form write from the book.  I really liked the style.  In Mic. Word, hitting
> enter results in a new line break, enter + tab results in new paragraph
> without a line space in between paragraphs which can be annoying
> sometimes.(unless you configure word differently of course as that is
> configurable).
> thanks for considering the issue,
> dean

Dean,

why not replace your wiki text:
        ------8<----------
        '''Primary Actor:''' Developer[[BR]]
        '''Stakeholders and Interests:'''[[BR]]
        Developer: Wants quick project creation with no hassle[[BR]]
        Administrator: Wants to be notified of project creation[[BR]]
        Anyone Else???

        '''Preconditions:'''Developer is identified and authenticated[[BR]]
        ------>8----------

by this one:
        ------8<----------
         Primary Actor::: Developer

         Stakeholders and Interests:::

         Developer: Wants quick project creation with no hassle

         Administrator: Wants to be notified of project creation

         Anyone Else???

         Preconditions::: Developer is identified and authenticated
        ------>8----------

or by this one, which is even more readable as raw text (but adds one
indent level also in the result):
        ------8<----------
         Primary Actor:::
           Developer

         Stakeholders and Interests:::
           Developer: Wants quick project creation with no hassle

           Administrator: Wants to be notified of project creation

           Anyone Else???

         Preconditions:::
           Developer is identified and authenticated

(note: uses glossary term definitions, with a leading space, and two
trailing columns. Also note the empty lines to separate paragraphs.)

Regards,

  Pascal