[Moin-user] Re: Re: disable http in moinmoin(no access to apache) (Dean Hiller)

Brian Gallew geek+ at cmu.edu
Mon Jan 31 13:33:34 EST 2005

Dean Hiller wrote:
> I tried that too actually, but notice the doc says https, not http.  Are you
> sure this is the right code to add?  I know nothing about python.  Did I add
> it in the wrong place?  I added it at the very bottom of wikiconfig.py, and
> still could access the wiki and change it through http.

If you have access to the wiki home directory, create a .htaccess file
there containing the following:
RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{SERVER_PORT} !443
RewriteRule .* https://%{SERVER_NAME}%{REQUEST_URI} [R=301]

Of course, this presupposed that your site has mod_rewrite installed and
working AND that your https port is 443.