[Moin-user] Link spam protection for public wikis (Uncomment to enable)

Nir Soffer nirs at actcom.net.il
Mon Jul 25 23:22:02 EDT 2005

On 26 Jul, 2005, at 5:21, Jim Popovitch wrote:

> In wikiconfig.py I see this:
>   # Link spam protection for public wikis (Uncomment to enable)
>   # Needs a reliable internet connection.
>   #from MoinMoin.util.antispam import SecurityPolicy
>
> So I un-comment the "from" line and look inside antispam.py.
> When I try to access the URLs in antispam.py I see that these two
> report
> "ERROR 403: Forbidden":
>    http://moinmaster.wikiwikiweb.de:8000/?action=xmlrpc2
>    http://moinmaster.wikiwikiweb.de:8000/BadContent?action=raw
> Is that normal, or should I be using different URLs?
No. I don't get 403 errors, maybe you changed your browser user agent
string?

> Is antispam.py even worth using?

Yes. As far as I know, its the best wiki spam protection.

> Is there anything else to know about this?

Antispam maintain a blacklist of urls that spammers added to wikis or
blogs in the past and prevent from saving those urls to your wiki. You
can search for antispam on the MoinMoin wiki.

Best Regards,

Nir Soffer