[Moin-user] Re: startup fails in DesktopEdition

Alexander Schremmer 2005a at usenet.alexanderweb.de
Wed Jun 8 10:03:36 EDT 2005

On Tue, 07 Jun 2005 08:22:07 +0200, Gerhard Brandt wrote:

> I'm using MMDE as PIM and its a great tool, but now it stopped
> working, moin.py doesn't start anymore, the output is below.
> My setup is quite special, i am storing MMDE on a ext3 partition
> which i access from Linux (Ubuntu 5.04) AND WinXP (SP2) using
> ext2fs. This worked fine up to now, I have switched back and forth
> several times. Now this :-/

> MoinMoin - 1.3.4 [patch-680; DesktopEdition Release 1.3.4-1]
Try the new 1.3.4-2 version (just to be sure).

Are you using a wikiserverconfig.py file?

> socket.error: (99, 'Cannot assign requested address')

Check if there is another webserver on the configured port (normally 8080
in MMDE). You can use "telnet localhost 8080" for that. If you get a
connection, you have another server on that port. See
http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de/DesktopEdition/HowToConfigure if you want to
change the port.

Kind regards,
Alexander