[Moin-user] Setting defaults for Pages/SubPages

Thomas Waldmann tw-public at gmx.de
Tue Jun 14 07:58:33 EDT 2005

> Is it possible to create a page, give users or a group R/W access to it,

Yes.

> which would then allow them to create subpages under that page,

No. Or rather: not yet. Pages and Subpages have independant ACLs (and
also independant storage, they are only sub-pages by naming convention).

There is no inheritance of ACLs (and also no other magic) yet. You maybe
can find some patch on the moinmoin wiki for ACL inheritance, but I
didn't test it personally.

Moin 1.5 might have some autoadmin feature for user homepages and group
pages (and sub-pages of those).

 > but not allow them to edit/create pages elsewhere in the Wiki?

Maybe you can use the acl_rights_default for that, try it.

See MoinMaster:HelpOnAccessControlLists for details.

> Or should I create a seperate Wiki for each group?

If they are rather separate and independant groups, maybe a wiki farm is
the best way. 1.3 supports farming quite well.

> Network Manager/Rheolwr Rhydwaith
> Countryside Council for Wales/Cyngor Cefn Gwlad Cymru

Are those words after the "/" welsh?
Reads like crypto for outsiders. :)