[Moin-user] Problems with ACLs

Gordon Ross G.Ross at ccw.gov.uk
Tue Jun 28 07:10:15 EDT 2005

I'm trying to setup some ACLs, and I'm not getting very far.

In my wikiconfig.py I have:

acl_rights_before = u"NetworkServicesGroup:read,write,delete,revert,admin -All:read"

The page "NetworkServicesGroup" looks like:

 * User1
 * User2
 * User3

By my understanding, users User1, User2 & User3 should have full Read/Write/Delete/Revert/Admin access to all pages in the wiki - but they don't ! All they get is read-only access.

The only way I can give them Write access is if I add the line

#acl NetworkServicesGroup:read,write

to the top of every page.

Can someone explain what I'm doing wrong ?

Thanks,

GTG

Gordon Ross,
Network Manager/Rheolwr Rhydwaith
Countryside Council for Wales/Cyngor Cefn Gwlad Cymru